Unitrans: Administrative Office Clerk
Name: Teri Sheets
You can visit the Unitrans website to learn more about them.
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: Varies between approx. 10-12 hrs/wk depending on individual circumstances.
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: Indefinite
Job Number: 0009-4346-2021
Last Date to Apply: Aug. 4, 2021
This position is located in the basement of South Hall. The Administrative Office Clerks have duties including accounts payable, pass distribution, pass sale money collection, billing, record-keeping, and assisting the Administrative Assistant. The position is opened until filled and we will notify all applicants appropriately.
The successful candidate may hold this position through expected graduation date based on satisfactory performance in the position.
Unitrans is an equal employment opportunity.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Greet customers/vendors in person or by phone, answer questions, looks up data, analyzing the account/s, etc.
- Create, edit, and or update letters, brochures, and other correspondence
- Compile and/or analyze data from various sources
- Complete hardcopy forms and data entry tasks on PC applications
- Data entry
- Write and respond to emails and phone calls
- Transaction records file management (e.g., accounts payable, accounts receivable, deposits)
- Perform entry-level bookkeeping duties, including receiving and recording monetary transactions
- Gathering, filing, and coding data
- Prepare and review University purchasing forms
- Create, edit, and or update invoices, letters, brochures, and other correspondence
- Writing receipts and receiving cash boxes
- Cash and credit card handling
- Order supplies
- Word processing and/or data entry into spreadsheets as required
- Make local deliveries and pick-ups on and off-campus
- Attend training sessions and staff meetings
- Assist in training of other student employees
- Perform miscellaneous duties as directed
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- MUST have an expected graduation date of no sooner than June 2023
- Ability to prioritize work assignments
- Ability to complete work assignments with limited supervision and to seek advice and direction when the project and/or instructions are unclear
- Ability to pay close attention to detail, including the maintenance of a well-organized record-keeping system
- Ability to follow Unitrans and University policies procedures
- Ability to work with essential office equipment, including desktop computers, phone systems, copy/scan machines, fax, etc.
- Ability to work with or learn Adobe DC, Microsoft Excel, and Word
- Ability to work well with money and numbers
- Ability to work well in an active office with constant interruptions
- Have a Class C driver’s license or another way of distributing passes off campus
- Have good to excellent customer service skills
- Must be available to work summer and breaks (Most importantly, June and July)
- Develop management and interpersonal skills and gain experience talking to many different kinds of people.
- Become more organized and punctual.
- Work in a friendly, comfortable environment.
- Hours are flexible.
- Become a part of the Unitrans family and make friends for life.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please list previous experience as it pertains to the position.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.