Unitrans: Driver Trainer
Name: Nicole Heitkam
You can visit the Unitrans website to learn more about them.
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: Approximately 6-12 hours per week depending on individual circumstances.
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: Indefinite
Job Number: 0009-4347-2021
Last Date to Apply: Aug. 8, 2021
Train Unitrans driver trainees to get their Class B Commercial License.
The successful candidate may hold this position through expected graduation date based on satisfactory performance in the position.
Unitrans is an equal opportunity employer.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Administer the Unitrans Driver Trainer Program
- Maintain current knowledge of driving, training, and safety requirements.
- Responsible for knowledge of DMV pre-trip and performance of DMV driving skills.
- Assist in the design and documentation of all Unitrans equipment and efficient in-service performance of drivers.
- Train all new Unitrans drivers in accordance with the driver training program in a timely fashion.
- Make recommendations concerning trainees to the Training Manager.
- Attend biweekly meetings.
- Administer driver evaluation and retraining
- In coordination with other Driver Trainers, provide and document in-service evaluation of every driver at least once each academic quarter.
- Provide and document in-service retraining to all drivers as needed to meet the objective of the position.
- Provide and document out-of-service training to all drivers as needed to meet the objective of this position.
- Submit training and evaluation records to the Training Manager for review and filing.
- Provide and document accident refresher training and make recommendations to the Training Manager or upon completion of training.
- MUST SUBMIT A COVER LETTER ALONG WITH YOUR RESUME.
- Teaching skills necessary to train students on proper operations of transit vehicles.
- Organizational skills necessary to administer the training program.
- Knowledge of the structure and procedures of the Unitrans system.
- Basic mechanical knowledge necessary to operate Unitrans equipment.
- Must have a good driving record.
- Must have 400 Lifetime Hours.
- Must have 1 year with a class B licesnse or 3 quarters of driving.
- Not on any strike or accident probation.
- MUST NOT have a graduation date before March 2022.
APPLICANTS: Please submit a cover letter along with your resume. Applications without a cover letter will be discarded.
- Develop management and interpersonal skills and gain experience working with different personalities and learning types.
- Gain skills as an instructor and learn how to guide employees through a training program.
- Learn how to effectively schedule and work independently.
All student assistant positions are subject to the entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to the entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380- Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.
- Please list previous experience as it pertains to the position.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.