Picnic Day: Sponsorship Director (Business Director)
Name: Amanda Portier
You can visit the Picnic Day website to learn more about them.
Payrate: Volunteer w/One-Time Stipend of $1,100.00 paid after completion of duties. (pending budget approval - refer to budget for weeks paid)
Payrate Stipend: Yes
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: Varies between approx. 10-15 hrs/wk depending on individual circumstances. Hours beyond specified hours per week are considered volunteer educational experience.
Start Date: Sept. 16, 2021
End Date: June 5, 2022
Job Number: 0004-4359-2021
Last Date to Apply: Aug. 23, 2021
To manage and oversee (with the Chair) the ASUCD budget for Picnic Day and to obtain sponsors for Picnic Day.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Coordinate purchase orders, reimbursements, recharges, reviews monthly budget statements and other business functions such as ordering office supplies, t-shirts, frisbees, and sweatshirts.
- Advise Chair on budget matters.
- Update and revise sponsorship package.
- Collaborate with the Chair and to cultivate relationships with business partners and obtain sponsorships.
- Train board about business processes.
- Hire Assistant Directors, hold weekly office hours, attend weekly board meetings, and prepare end of year report.
- After Picnic Day, assist chair in preparing budget for the following fiscal year.
- Organizational skills
- Communication skills
- Time-management skills
- Negotiation skills
- Attention to detail
- What do you hope to accomplish as Picnic Day Sponsorship Director (Business Director)? (200 words max)
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please list previous experience as it pertains to the position.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.