Picnic Day: Student Organization Fair (SOF) Director
Name: Amanda Portier
You can visit the Picnic Day website to learn more about them.
Payrate: Volunteer w/One-Time Stipend of $1100.00 paid after completion of duties. (pending budget approval - refer to budget for weeks paid)
Payrate Stipend: Yes
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: Varies between approx 10-15 hrs/wk hrs/wk depending on individual circumstances. Hours beyond specified hours per week are considered volunteer educational experience.
Start Date: Sept. 16, 2021
End Date: June 5, 2022
Job Number: 0004-4362-2021
Last Date to Apply: Aug. 23, 2021
Collaborate with student organizations, the Center for Student Involvement (CSI), Fire Prevention, and Environmental Health and Safety to produce the Student Organization Fair on the quad.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Create involvement opportunities, applications, and an application process for Student Organization Fair.
- Collaborate with over 80 registered student organizations to organize SOF on the quad
- Collaborate with Environmental Health and Safety, Fire, and CSI to implement university policies.
- On Picnic Day, oversee the quad area to ensure it runs smoothly
- Help student organizations run food booths, fundraising tables, and information tables.
- Hire Assistant Directors, hold weekly office hours, attend weekly board meetings, and complete end-of-year Board Reports.
- Communication skills
- Time management
- Responsible and respectful
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
- Please list previous experience as it pertains to the position.
- Choose one past experience and describe how it will help you be successful in this position.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- What do you hope to accomplish as SOF Director?
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.