Picnic Day: Publicity Director
Name: Amanda Portier
You can visit the Picnic Day website to learn more about them.
Payrate: Volunteer w/One-Time Stipend of $1100.00 paid after completion of duties. (pending budget approval - refer to budget for weeks paid)
Payrate Stipend: Yes
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: Varies between approx. 10-15 hrs/wk depending on individual circumstances. Hours beyond specified hours per week are considered volunteer educational experience.
Start Date: Sept. 16, 2021
End Date: June 5, 2022
Job Number: 0004-4366-2021
Last Date to Apply: Aug. 23, 2021
Collaborating with ASUCD Creative Media Marketing & Graphics teams, create and execute marketing strategy for Picnic Day. Collaborate with the California Aggie, the Davis Enterprise, KDVS Radio, and other newspaper and radio stations in order to publicize all facets of Picnic Day.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Update and maintain a comprehensive list of the media and their deadlines and contacts.
- Distribute Picnic Day poster and the Schedule of Events throughout the campus and community.
- Develop publicity strategies with Chair and Vice Chair.
- Collaborate with Graphics Director in preparing a press video.
- Collaborate with all Directors to assess their publicity needs.
- Keep a record of news articles.
- Attend weekly board meetings
- Attend mandatory office hours
- Hire, train, and lead Assistant Directors.
- Organizational skills
- Communication skills
- Writing Skills
- Responsible & Respectful
- Must demonstrate knowledge in various social medias including: Facebook, Instragram, and Snapchat.
- What do you hope to accomplish as Publicity Director? (200 words max)
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please list previous experience as it pertains to the position.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.