Picnic Day: Transportation Director
Name: Amanda Portier
You can visit the Picnic Day website to learn more about them.
Payrate: Volunteer w/One-Time Stipend of $1100.00 paid after completion of duties. (pending budget approval - refer to budget for weeks paid)
Payrate Stipend: Yes
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: Varies between approx 10-15 hrs/wk hrs/wk depending on individual circumstances. Hours beyond specified hours per week are considered volunteer educational experience.
Start Date: Sept. 16, 2021
End Date: June 5, 2022
Job Number: 0004-4369-2021
Last Date to Apply: Aug. 23, 2021
Serve as liaison between Transportation Services, ASUCD Unitrans, campus Police, city Police and the Picnic Day Board.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Attend regular planning meetings with TAPS and campus Police to plan comprehensive parking and traffic management system for visitors.
- Select, train, and supervise Assistant Directors
- Serve as liaison between campus departments and Picnic Day regarding parking needs.
- Design and issue special Picnic Day parking permits and coordinate signage for parking.
- Collaborate with Unitrans to coordinate bus and shuttle services for Picnic Day.
- Create visible signage for the shuttle service.
- Prepare end-of-year report
- Attend weekly Board meetings
- Hold mandatory office hours each week, beginning Fall Quarter
- Collaborate with Graphics Director to develop map(s) and parking and transportation information for website and schedule of events.
- Organizational skills
- Communication skills
- Time Management
- What do you hope to accomplish as Transportation Director? (200 words max)
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please list previous experience as it pertains to the position.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.