Executive Office: Associate Vice President of Communications (AVP of Internal Communications)
Name: Juliana Martinez Hernandez
Payrate: Volunteer w/Bi-Weekly Stipend of $75.00/week (pending budget approval - refer to budget for weeks paid)
Payrate Stipend: Yes
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: Approximately 5-6 hours per week. Hours beyond specified commitment are considered additional volunteer experience.
Start Date: Sept. 20, 2021
End Date: June 4, 2022
Job Number: 0035-4386-2021
Last Date to Apply: Sept. 13, 2021
The ASUCD Associate Vice President of Internal Communications is responsible for aiding the Internal Vice President in the engagement of all members within ASUCD. The AVP of Communications oversees all internal correspondence on ASUCD platforms of communication (i.e. Slack) according UC Davis Social Media Policies and Guidelines, and serves as an administrative assistant to the ASUCD Internal Vice President.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Represents the ASUCD Executive Office through several capacities, including but not limited to:
- Aiding the Internal Vice President with communication operations and the preparation of weekly ASUCD Senate meetings.
- Responding to student inquiries.
- Assisting the ASUCD President, AVPs, Internal Vice President, Controller, External Vice President or Chief of Staff with advocacy projects and administrative operations.
- Serving as a delegate for the ASUCD Internal Vice President during formal meetings.
- Providing weekly briefings for the ASUCD Internal Vice President.
- Mastery of written and verbal communication skills.
- High attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Strong willingness to learn and incredible work ethic.
- Strong awareness of global, national and local affairs pertaining to social justice, governmental reform and more.
- Strong educational understanding of cultural competency and awareness of systemic injustice.
- Knowledge of ASUCD operations and campus involvement.
- Demonstrates ambition and self-motivation to serve beyond necessary capacity.
- Familiarity with the following platforms: Zoom, Google Docs, Google Sheets, Slack.
- Commitment to serve the Davis community and represent the ASUCD Executive Office.
- Please list previous experience as it pertains to the position.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.