Executive Office: Associate Vice President of Recruitment (AVP of External Communications)
Name: Juliana Martinez Hernandez
Payrate: Volunteer w/Bi-Weekly Stipend of $75.00/week (pending budget approval - refer to budget for weeks paid)
Payrate Stipend: Yes
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: Varies between approx. 5-7 hrs/wk depending on individual circumstances. Hours beyond specified commitment are considered additional volunteer experience
Start Date: Sept. 20, 2021
End Date: June 4, 2022
Job Number: 0035-4387-2021
Last Date to Apply: Sept. 13, 2021
The ASUCD Associate Vice President of Recruitment (External Communications) is responsible for aiding the Internal Vice President in the engagement of community members outside of ASUCD. The ASUCD Associate Vice President of External Communications maintains the media and public relations presence of the Executive Office within UC Davis Social Media Policies & Guidelines. Recruits new students for work or volunteer opportunities within ASUCD, and serves as an administrative assistant to the ASUCD Internal Vice President.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Represents the ASUCD Executive Office through several capacities, including but not limited to:
- Drafting social media content and maintaining the online presence of the Executive Office on all social media accounts in collaboration with Creative Media & ASUCD IT.
- Leading various social media campaigns to promote campus engagement
- Conduct general outreach for the Executive Office by maintaining relationships with organizations, such as Registered Student Organizations (RSOs) on behalf of ASUCD.
- Aiding the Executive Office with regular live streams & town hall sessions
- Aiding the ASUCD President with the drafting of campus-wide emails
- Assisting the ASUCD President, AVPs, Internal Vice President, Controller, External Vice President or Chief of Staff with advocacy projects and administrative operations
- Serving as a delegate for the ASUCD Internal Vice President during formal meetings.
- Providing weekly briefings for the ASUCD Internal Vice President
- Mastery of written and verbal communication skills
- Strong awareness of global, national, and local affairs pertaining to social justice, governmental reform, and more
- Strong educational understanding of cultural competency and awareness of systemic injustice
- Knowledge of ASUCD operations & campus involvement
- Demonstrates ambition and self-motivation to serve beyond necessary capacity
- Strong willingness to learn and incredible work ethic
- Strong passion for social media involvement and familiarity with the following platforms: Facebook, Instagram, and Slack.
- Commitment to serve the Davis community and represent the ASUCD Executive Office
- Please list previous experience as it pertains to the position.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.