Student Government: Elections Committee - Events Coordinator
Name: Tal Topf
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: no
Resume Required: No
Hours per Week: 5-10 hrs/wk
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: June 12, 2014
Job Number: 0008-0440-2013
Last Date to Apply: June 19, 2013
The Events Coordinator is responsible for coordinating all
events for ASUCD elections. In addition, the Events Coordinator will take part
in organizing and implementing successful elections under the direction of the
Elections Chair and will help ensure a fair, efficient, and non-partisan
election process. (ASUCD General Elections are scheduled for the 7th
week of fall and winter quarters, and additional Special Elections may occur as
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Coordinate events and arrange reservations for venues and equipment used for candidate speeches/debates and voter awareness campaigns. ·
- Coordinate pre- and post-event meetings with parties concerned. ·
- Work with the Elections Committee Chair and
other Committee Members to organize and execute successful ASUCD elections.
- Work with other committee members to ensure
election publicity and outreach.
- Meet weekly with the five-member committee and assist the Elections Committee Chair in administrative duties.
- Dependable, detail-oriented ·
- Organizational skills ·
- Communication skills ·
- Leadership skills ·
- Quick learner ·
- Must be impartial ·
- Experience with social and/or traditional media a plus ·
- Knowledge of campus media resources a plus ·
- Experience managing events a plus ·
- Public speaking skills a plus
- Prior ASUCD experience and/or knowledge of the ASUCD Election Codes a plus
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.