Picnic Day: Technical Director
Name: Amanda Portier
You can visit the Picnic Day website to learn more about them.
Payrate: Volunteer w/One-Time Stipend of $1100.00 paid after completion of duties. (pending budget approval - refer to budget for weeks paid)
Payrate Stipend: Yes
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: Varies between approx.10-15 hrs/wk depending on individual circumstances. Hours beyond specified hours per week are considered volunteer educational experience.
Start Date: Sept. 16, 2021
End Date: June 5, 2022
Job Number: 0004-4409-2021
Last Date to Apply: Sept. 13, 2021
Collaborating with ASUCD IT, maintain the Picnic Day website according ASUCD Branding Guidelines and Social Media Policies & Guidelines. Ensure Picnic Day Board of Directors have all necessary technical equipment.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Keep a record of hits on the website.
- Collaborate with the Graphics Director to post current photos and the events on the website.
- Collaborating with ASUCD IT, manage Picnic Day office computers and coordinate e-mails.
- Assist with website and update Picnic Day information daily.
- Arrange and organize telecommunications, including telephone lines into and out of the Picnic Day office, as well as radio and cell phone communications between Directors and university staff during Pre-Week and on Picnic Day.
- Contact sound providers and serve as the liaison between the Entertainment Director and their lineup of entertainment and the sound providers.
- Provide or arrange for amplified sound needed by any Directors or events.
- Hire Assistant Directors, hold weekly office hours, attend weekly board meetings, and prepare end of year report.
- Communication skills
- Know how to read html, Java, etc.
- Website experience
- Time Management
- Responsible and respectful
- What do you hope to accomplish as Technical Director? (200 words max)
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please list previous experience as it pertains to the position.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.