Student Government: Office of the Transfer Student Representative: Director of Internal Relations
Name: Tariq Azim
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: Varies between approx. 5-7 hrs/wk depending on individual circumstances.
Start Date: Oct. 3, 2021
End Date: May 28, 2022
Job Number: 0008-4416-2021
Last Date to Apply: Sept. 16, 2021
Under the direction of the Transfer Student Representative (TSR), The Director of Internal and University Relations shall serve as the head of internal and university relations functions of the Office of the Transfer Student Representative (OTSR). They shall serve as a liaison between the report to the Chief of Staff and serve as a member of the OTSR Administrative Committee.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Regularly analyze and monitor legislation and actions of the ASUCD Senate
- Attend ASUCD Senate, commission, and committee meetings as necessary or by direction of the Transfer Student Representative or Chief of Staff
- Serve as the OTSR designee to the ASUCD Internal Affairs Commission as an ex-officio member
- Hire, train, and manage officers to assist in fulfilling job duties
- Excellent written, verbal, analytical, and presentation skills and the ability to clearly and concisely present information and effectively communicate to members of the OTSR, other entities of ASUCD, and the general student body.
- A strong understanding of the functions and operations of ASUCD ( previous experience in ASUCD, community college student government offices, or club organization leadership is welcomed)
- Willingness to work with student organizations, faculty (e.g. Academic Senate), and administration, such as the Office of the chancellor
- Please list previous experience as it pertains to the position.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.