Student Government: Office of the Transfer Student Representative: Director of Communications and Marketing
Name: Tariq Azim
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: Varies between approx. 5-7hrs/wk depending on individual circumstances.
Start Date: Oct. 3, 2021
End Date: May 28, 2022
Job Number: 0008-4417-2021
Last Date to Apply: Sept. 16, 2021
Under the direction of the Transfer Student Representative, the Director of Communications and Marketing will be responsible for creating media posts collaborating with ASUCD Creative Media in order to inform the public about events, resources, and promote campus resources according UC Davis Social Media Policy & Guidelines. This position will report to the Chief of Staff and serve as a member of the OTSR Administrative Committee. The Director of Communications and Marketing will work closely with the Director of Events and Outreach when/if needed.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Regularly maintain and manage the OTSR social media accounts in collaboration with Creative Media & UC Davis Social Media Policy & Guidelines.
- Create promotional materials for events and opportunities according to ASUCD Branding Guidelines.
- Create monthly newsletters providing updates on upcoming events and projects
- Draft press releases and statements on behalf of the TSR and/or the OSTR
- Ensure proper articulation of the office's desires image throughout ASUCD and to all constituents, both internal and external
- Hire, train, and manage officers to assist in fulfilling job duties
- Excellent written, verbal, analytical, and presentation skills and the ability to clearly and concisely present information and effectively communicate to members of the OTSR, other entities of ASUCD, and the general student body
- Familiar with using Instagram
- Familiar with using Canva and/or other simple graphic design software
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time and meet deadlines
- Please list previous experience as it pertains to the position.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.