Student Government: Office of the Transfer Student Representative: Chief of Staff
Name: Tariq Azim
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: Varies between approx. 8-10 hrs/wk depending on individual circumstances.
Start Date: Oct. 3, 2021
End Date: May 28, 2022
Job Number: 0008-4418-2021
Last Date to Apply: Sept. 16, 2021
The Chief of Staff (CoS) shall serve as the chief advisor to the Transfer Student Representative (TSR) and, under the direction of the TSR, supervise the Office of the Transfer Student Representative (OTSR). The role of the CoS is to organize the office and ensure that the work produced is done efficiently. The CoS is in charge of managing the OTSR Staff, representing the OTSR when needed, and administrative tasks necessary to the office.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Work closely with the TSR to plan meetings, set goals, and supervise the office
- Schedule and create agendas for weekly meetings
- Manage all personnel and interoffice conflicts
- Respond to general inquiries and forward inquires to the internal office committees as they see appropriate
- Fulfill duties of the TSR in their absence.
- Excellent written, verbal, analytical, and presentation skills and the ability to clearly and concisely present information and effectively communicate to members of the OTSR, other entities of ASUCD, and the general student body.
- Strong understanding of transfer student issues. (Experience working with transfer students is a plus.)
- Strong organization and time management skills, attention to detail, and ability to keep others on task as necessary without micromanaging.
- An understanding of ASUCD and its Executive Branch. (Required)
- Experience using Google Workspace and other technology. (Preferred)
- Please list previous experience as it pertains to the position.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.