Student Government: DREAM Committee Chairperson
Name: Juliana Martinez Hernandez
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: Approximately 3-5 hours per week, depending on individual circumstances.
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: June 10, 2022
Job Number: 0008-4459-2021
Last Date to Apply: Oct. 30, 2021
The chair of the ASUCD DREAM Committee is responsible for guiding, representing, and overlooking the daily operations of the DREAM committee.
The ASUCD DREAM committee aims to improve campus climate, by building awareness of resources as well as issues regarding AB 540 and undocumented community. The DREAM Committee's primary goal is to lead on the advocacy of resources for undocumented studetns and their community on the UC Davis campus. These resources serve to provide students with the needed and much desired tools necessary to lead a successful academic and professional life. In order to create these projecrs, the DREAM Committee works hard to identify successful partnerships, inspire community involvement, and demand awareness and involvement from ASUCD.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Prepare agendas for weekly committee meetings.
- Serve as the point person of the committee.
- Assign projects to members and check in with project leads to monitor progress.
- Check in with ASUCD representatives, such as commission chairs and adopted Senators.
- Maintain close communication with the AB 540 & Undocumented Student Center.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Knowledgeable of issues surrounding undocumented students.
- Strong awareness of global, national and local affairs pertaining to social justice, governmental reform and more.
- Strong educational understanding of cultural competency and awareness of systemic injustice.
- Knowledge of ASUCD operations and campus involvement.
- Demonstrates ambition and self-motivation to serve beyond necessary capacity.
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.