Student Government: Chief of Staff for Senator Mishra
Name: Ambar Mishra
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: Varies between approx. 3-5 hrs/wk depending on individual circumstances.
Start Date: Oct. 12, 2021
End Date: June 1, 2022
Job Number: 0008-4461-2021
Last Date to Apply: Oct. 11, 2021
The purpose of the position will assist Senator Mishra in achieving his platforms. His platforms are diminishing toxic masculinity, stem representation and advocating for student needs. This member will assist Senator Mishra in leading the team and executing the duties.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Attend and help lead weekly Staff Meetings.
- Attend Weekly Senate Meetings
- Help lead our team, by making sure how you and Senator Mishra can both best support them.
- Collaborate closely with Senator Mishra and constantly advising him on proposed legislation, and taking charge of projects with the team.
- Fill Senator Mishra’s spot when unable to attend a meeting.
- No experience is required at all! Everyone is welcome to apply! I started my time in ASUCD Senate by serving as a staffer so I definitely recommend it for anyone interested in learning how our student government functions.
- Ability to be straightforward and honest.
- Create a welcoming and positive environment.
- Be able to have efficient communication.
- Be able to collaborate with a team.
- Able to lead and manage small and big projects.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Please list previous experience as it pertains to the position.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.