Student Government: Communications and Social Media Director for Senator Mishra
Name: Ambar Mishra
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: Varies between approx. 3-5 hrs/wk depending on individual circumstances.
Start Date: Oct. 12, 2021
End Date: June 1, 2022
Job Number: 0008-4462-2021
Last Date to Apply: Oct. 11, 2021
The purpose of this position will assist Senator Mishra in achieving his platforms. His platforms are diminishing toxic masculinity, stem representation, and advocating for student needs. This member will assist Senator Mishra in leading the team and executing their duties.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Manage Social Media Platforms within UC Davis Social Media Policies & Guidelines
- Assists in forming Canva flyers.
- Manage communication between our team and organizations on campus.
- Create Media that will promote basic needs, ethnic and cultural orgs, and events that will allow safe spaces for those to express themselves.
- Constant communication with various organizations here on campus on how our team can best support them.
- Making sure the team is communicating efficiently.
- Collaborate on team projects.
- Attend relevant parts of weekly Senate meetings.
- Attend weekly staff meetings.
- Everyone is welcome to apply! I started my time in ASUCD Senate by serving as a staffer so I definitely recommend it for anyone interested in learning how our student government functions.
- Creative poster and digital poster designs.
- Fast response time to emails, and other messages we receive.
- Responsible time management.
- Ability to communicate effectively among our team and outside organizations.
- Previous experience with communications strongly encouraged, but not required.
- Please list previous experience as it pertains to the position.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.