Student Government: Aggie Public Arts Committee Chairperson
Name: Juliana Martinez Hernandez
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 3-5 Hours/Week
Start Date: Oct. 20, 2021
End Date: June 11, 2022
Job Number: 0008-4469-2021
Last Date to Apply: Oct. 13, 2021
The chair of the Aggie Public Arts Committee is responsible for guiding, representing, and overlooking the daily operations of the Aggie Public Arts Committee.
APAC’s goal is to contribute to the cultural enrichment of the UCD student body by adding art to public spaces. APAC provides an outlet for students of all skill levels, interests, and backgrounds to be involved with the creation and installation of artwork on campus and in the Davis community, which includes painting, digital art, film, music, etc. The committee also ensures that public art is incorporated into UCD long-term plans for future campus projects, expansion, and development.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
● Prepare agendas for weekly APAC committee meetings
● Participate in Virtual Art Show preparation, set up, and presentation.
● (Optional) Participate in local mural painting.
● Work with a team of artists to plan, design, and create new public art.
● Develop interpersonal skills by working with school and local authorities.
● Strong communication and organizational skills
● Excellent time management skills
● Knowledge of ASUCD operations and campus involvement
● Demonstrates ambition and self-motivation to serve beyond necessary capacity
● Ability to approach tasks with open-mindedness and enthusiasm
● Works well in group settings
● Strong leadership skills
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- UC Davis Principles of Community
- Please list previous experience as it pertains to the position.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.