Student Government: Herbicide-Free Committee (HFC) Chair
Name: Sydney Cliff
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: Approximately 3-5 hours per week, depending on individual circumstances.
Start Date: Nov. 1, 2021
End Date: June 1, 2022
Job Number: 0008-4519-2021
Last Date to Apply: Oct. 18, 2021
The ASCUCD Herbicide-Free Committee (HFC) advocates for eliminating the usage of herbicides on campus grounds and has a strong collaborative relationship with the UC Davis Arboretum and Public Garden, UC Davis Grounds and Landscape Services, academia, and the student body to eliminate herbicide use in the UC Davis campus. HFC also communicates with affiliate Herbicide-Free college campus campaigns to provide resources and assistance to advance sustainable landscaping goals of UC Davis.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Organize/facilitate weekly HFC meetings and create meeting agendas.
- Maintain the committee email and act as the primary contact for all major correspondence.
- Attend weekly ASUCD Environmental Policy and Planning Commission meetings to report on the committee's activities.
- Take initiative to improve environmental sustainability on campus by advocating for herbicide elimination on campus, researching environmental issues regarding herbicide use, and collaborating with campus groups to further HFC's mission.
- Make recommendations for proposed campus/ASUCD policies/legislation, as that legislation pertains to the environment and sustainability.
- Research herbicide usage and develop educational and outreach materials in coordination with the committee.
- Strong interest in environmental issues.
- Previous knowledge or experience in environmental work may be helpful, but is not required- students of all majors and from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
- High level of motivation; openness to building new skills and knowledge areas.
- Competent communication skills and professionalism.
- Please list previous experience as it pertains to the position.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.