Executive Office: Vice Controller
Name: Isabelle Poux
Payrate: $14.00/hr (pending budget approval - refer to budget for weeks paid)
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: Varies between approx. 14 hrs/wk depending on individual circumstances. Hours beyond specified hours per week are considered volunteer educational experience.
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: June 30, 2022
Job Number: 0035-4520-2021
Last Date to Apply: Oct. 17, 2021
The ASUCD Vice Controller is the chief advisor to the ASUCD Controller on matters regarding budget, finances, revenue generation, and other fiscal issues. This position is charged with assisting the Controller in drafting and overseeing the ASUCD budget. The Vice Controller is expected to be able to serve in the capacity of Controller temporarily while a new Controller is selected and is responsible for managing the new Controller's transition into their role. This position works closely with the ASUCD Business Manager and ASUCD President as well.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- To attend frequent meetings with the ASUCD Executive team, units, commissions, and committees
- Responsible for initial outreach and corresponding with units and other ASUCD bodies
- Assist internal ASUCD bodies with financial and business matters
- Administrative tasks such as drafting emails and documents, taking meeting notes, etc.
- Assist the Controller with budget hearings throughout Winter and Spring Quarter
- Assist the incoming Controller with the transition into their role
- Oversee Office of the Controller staff
- Serve, temporarily, in the capacity of Controller if there is a vacancy in that position
- Flexible schedule and ability to attend meetings
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Stong analytical and problem solving skills
- Proficiency with Zoom, Google Drive and/or Microsoft Office
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Previous financial/budgeting experience (preferred)
- Strong teamwork skills and ability to collaborate with diversse groups of people
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please list previous experience as it pertains to the position.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.