Unitrans: Administrative Office Clerk
Name: Teri Sheets
You can visit the Unitrans website to learn more about them.
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 10-12hrs/week
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: Indefinite
Job Number: 0009-4529-2021
Last Date to Apply: Oct. 24, 2021
This position is located in the basement of South Hall. The Administrative Office Clerks have duties including accounts payable, pass distribution, pass sale money collection, billing, record-keeping, and assisting the Administrative Assistant. The position is opened until filled, and we will notify all applicants appropriately.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Greets customers/vendors in person or by phone, answers questions, looks up data, analyzing the account/s, etc.
- Create, edit, and or update letters, brochures, and other correspondence
- Compile and/or analyze data from various sources
- Complete hardcopy forms and data entry tasks on PC applications
- Data Entry
- Write and respond to emails and phone calls.
- Transaction records file management (e.g., accounts payable, accounts receivable, deposits)
- Perform entry-level bookkeeping duties, including receiving and recording monetary transactions
- Gathering, filing, and coding data
- Prepare and review University purchasing forms
- Create, edit, and or update invoices, letters, brochures, and other correspondence
- Writing receipts and receiving cash boxes
- Cash and credit card handling
- Order supplies
- Word processing and/or data entry into spreadsheets as required
- Make local deliveries and pick-ups on and off-campus
- Attend training sessions and staff meetings
- Assist in training of other student employees
- Perform miscellaneous duties as directed
- MUST have an expected graduation date of no sooner than June 2023
- Ability to prioritize work assignments
- Ability to complete work assignments with limited supervision and to seek advice and direction when the project and/or instructions are unclear
- Ability to pay close attention to detail, including the maintenance of a well-organized record-keeping system
- Ability to follow Unitrans and University policies procedures
- Ability to work with essential office equipment, including desktop computers, phone systems, copy/scan machines, etc.
- Ability to work with or learn Adobe DC, Microsoft Excel, and Word
- Ability to work well with money and numbers
- Ability to work well in an active office with constant interruptions
- Have a Class C driver’s license or another way of distributing passes off campus
- Have good to excellent customer service skills
- Must be available to work summer and breaks (Most significantly, June and July)
- Please list previous experience as it pertains to this position.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.