Housing Advising for Undergraduate Students: Advising Director
Name: Eustacio Alamilla
You can visit the Housing Advising for Undergraduate Students website to learn more about them.
Payrate: Volunteer w/Bi-Weekly Stipend of $75.00/week. (pending budget approval - refer to budget for weeks paid)
Payrate Stipend: Yes
Work Study: no
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: Varies between approx. 5-6 hrs/wk depending on individual circumstances. Hours beyond specified hours per week are considered volunteer educational experience.
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: May 21, 2022
Job Number: 0032-4532-2021
Last Date to Apply: Oct. 24, 2021
Develop structure of the unit’s housing advising service and help connect students to the resources avaliable to them.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Lead team of volunteer advising staff and manage working hours
- Develop advising structure and operations
- Provide excellent service to students needing off-campus housing assistance
- Facilitate weekly staff meetings for volunteer advisors
- Support Unit Director in planning developing sustainable strategies for successful future events
- Customer Service
- Strong organizational skills/time management
- Self starter and teamplayer
- Positive attitude and eager to learn
- Proficiency in office software appreciated
- Extensive background knowledge of Davis housing not required
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please list previous experience as it pertains to the position.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.