Student Government: Legislative Director for Senator Mishra
Name: Ambar Mishra
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 3-5 Hours/Week
Start Date: Oct. 26, 2021
End Date: June 1, 2022
Job Number: 0008-4543-2021
Last Date to Apply: Oct. 25, 2021
The purpose of the position will assist Senator Mishra in achieving his platforms. His platforms are diminishing toxic masculinity, stem representation, and advocating for student needs. This member will assist Senator Mishra in forming proper legislation.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Attend weekly staff meetings.
- Attend Legislative Part of Senate meetings.
- Write and review legislation.
- Critically think on new legislation that can be proposed.
- Work on team projects.
- No experience required at all! Everyone is welcome to apply! I started my time in ASUCD Senate by serving as a staffer so I definitely recommend it for
- anyone interested in learning how our student government functions.
- Ability to heavily research to construct good legislation.
- Ability to take constructive criticism, by team members or members of ASUCD.
- Ability to effectively communicate.
- Able to be a team player.
- Responsible time management.
- Please list previous experience as it pertains to the position.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.