Pantry: Pantry Manager (Fall)
Name: Jason Kwan
You can visit the Pantry website to learn more about them.
Payrate: $14.00/hr pending budget approval - refer to budget for weeks paid)
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 8hrs/wk depending on individual circumstances. Any hours beyond specified commitment will be considered additional volunteer experience.
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: Jan. 1, 2022
Job Number: 0025-4545-2021
Last Date to Apply: Oct. 28, 2021
Serve as the Pantry’s External Affairs Manager. To connect with student organizations and campus resources to build stable relationships. To spread the Pantry’s mission and goals to different campus centers and academic departments. This position will work together to run external operations with guidance from the Director and Assistant Director.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Work closely with the Outreach manager and respective coordinators.
- Brainstorm and execute ideas to advocate the Pantry in promotional items.
- Coordinate donation drives, workshops, and awareness events.
- Lead collaborations with student organizations, campus centers, and academic departments.
- Building positive relationships with organizations in and out of campus.
- Represent the ASUCD Pantry in campus-wide events such as tours, presentations, educational programs, and social events.
-Outstanding oral and written communication skills, particularly in regard to communication across diverse communities. -Understanding of the importance of inclusive language in regards to emails and outreach graphics.
-The ability to oversee collaborative projects as a team and provide feedback to each idea.
-Comfortable with regular electronic communication platforms such as emails, text, and Zoom. -Professionalism, courtesy, punctuality, and good humor.
-Interest in supporting student wellness, food security, basic needs, addressing the stigma of hunger on college campuses.
- Please list previous experience as it pertains to the position.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.