Student Government: External Affairs Commission Chairperson
Name: Julianna Martinez Hernandez
Payrate: $14.00/hr (pending budget approval - refer to budget for weeks paid)
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 12 hrs/wk depending on individual circumstances. Hours beyond specified hours per week are considered volunteer educational experience.
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: June 4, 2022
Job Number: 0008-4546-2021
Last Date to Apply: Oct. 28, 2021
The External Affairs Commission is an advisory board that collaborates with the ASUCD senate to develop and recommend policies based on communicating and connecting with off-campus public bodies that affect the welfare of students.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Organize weekly EAC meetings
- Contribute to the planning and running of EAC events, as well as those of the committess EAC overviews
- Remain up-to-date on external issues relating to students
- Collaborate with ASUCD subordinate bodies and ASUCD senators to advance student representation and student welfare
- Passion for student government and the welfare of students on campus
- Commitment to meeting attendance and punctuality
- Commitment to UC Davis Principles of Community
- Mastery of written and verbal communication skills
- Please list previous experience as it pertains to the position.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.