Unitrans: Transit Planning Assistant
Name: Kelsie Ryan
You can visit the Unitrans website to learn more about them.
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 5-10 Hours/Week
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: Indefinite
Job Number: 0009-4558-2021
Last Date to Apply: Nov. 7, 2021
Assistant in the Unitrans Transit Planning Department.
The successful candidate may hold this position through expected graduation date based on satisfactory
performance in the position.
Unitrans is an equal employment opportunity.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
1. Attend regular Unitrans Planning meetings and occasional public meetings not during business hours.
2. Collect, analyze, input, and interpret data as directed by Planning Manager and suggest data that may be useful for route planning and scheduling decisions.
3. Offer input to Planning Manager, Operations Manager, and General Manager Administration on proposed changes to Unitrans routes, stops, and times.
4. Assist Planning Manager in the documentation of trees that may interfere with transit, the quality of bus stops and/or shelters, and the ADA accessibility of stops.
5. Assist in documenting bus time performance, bus stop utilization, and passenger numbers by riding along on bus trips as assigned by Planning Manager.
6. May be assigned to work on individual project(s) of interest at the discretion of Planning Manager.
1. Must have well-developed knowledge of current Unitrans routes and schedule.
2. Must have well-developed knowledge of Davis roads and traffic patterns.
a. Knowledge may be obtained by bus riding and/or driving, in addition to map review.
3. Must have good computer skills and a desirable level of proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint. Knowledge of data processing techniques strongly preferred.
a. Experience with worksheets, databases, and GIS is useful.
4. Must be able to communicate and work well with people.
5. Must be motivated to work on independent projects and with little supervision.
6. Must have a flexible schedule to complete certain job duties.
- Please list previous experience as it pertains to the position.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community in the workplace and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.