Executive Office: Alternative Crisis Response Task Force Chair
Name: Ryan Manriquez
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: Approximately 3-5 hours per week, depending on individual circumstances.
Start Date: Nov. 15, 2021
End Date: June 11, 2022
Job Number: 0035-4570-2021
Last Date to Apply: Nov. 12, 2021
To lead the Alternative Crisis Response Task Force and members in collaboration with the UCDavis administration to assist on mental health projects and providing the student experience. To participate in ongoing meetings with the Executive Office to help the task force.
To ensure that every student feels safe on campus and to continue the work of the ASUCD 2020-2021 Reimagining Public Safety Task Force in uplifting student voices in discussions regarding public safety practices and alternative crisis response models. Will collaborate and work with Health 34, the Associate Vice Chancellor of Student Health, Wellness, and Divisional Resources Cory Vu, and Vice Chancellor of Finance, Operations and Administration, Kelly Ratliff; To represent student interests, push for greater transparency, and hold administration accountable with recommended policy changes.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Attend weekly staff meeting to report progress
- Lead team meetings to train members and work on projects
- Assist in hiring team members
- Maintain relationships with campus partners that have a stake in this project
- Strong communication skills
- Leadership skills
- Experience collaborating with others
- ASUCD experience not required
- Please list previous experience as it pertains to the position.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.