Student Government: Exploratory Board on Pride Festival Board Members
Name: Ashley Chan
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: Approximately 2-4 hours per week, depending on individual circumstances.
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: June 9, 2022
Job Number: 0008-4583-2021
Last Date to Apply: Dec. 30, 2021
The Exploratory Board on an ASUCD Pride Festival (EBAPF) shall focus on strategies and logistics required to organize and implement a pride festival at the University of California, Davis. The EBAPF’S goal shall be to plan a pride festival that sets forth ample public support, solidarity, and affirmation for all LGBTQIA+ identifying students, faculty, and staff at the University of California, Davis. The EBAPF shall also focus on developing policies and practices to effectuate a sustainable long-term plan for conducting this festival.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Preparing, planning, and executing a pride festival
- Selecting the date and venue for a pride festival
- Promoting and advertising of a pride festival
- Proposing a budget to secure funding needed to hold a pride festival
- Finding methods of supporting LGTBQIA+ creators within UC Davis, Davis, and Sacramento communities through a pride festival
- Creating written blueprints, procedures, and partnerships to solidify the longevity of a pride festival in future years
- Creating and submitting transparent monthly reports to the ASUCD Senate and the general public
- Collaborating with various ASUCD units, committees, and commissions, along with other relevant organizations
- Additional areas of relevance as determined by the Chair(s) of the Board.
- Strong organizational, communication, and teamwork skills
- Committment to UCD Principles of Community
- Previous experience in ASUCD not required; applicants of a variety of backgrounds are encouraged to apply
- Please list previous experience as it pertains to the position.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.