Student Government: Chief of Staff for the OISR
Name: Keven Zhou
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: Approximately 8-10 hours per week, depending on individual circumstances.
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: May 28, 2022
Job Number: 0008-4589-2021
Last Date to Apply: Nov. 28, 2021
The Chief of Staff (CoS) for the Office of the International Student Representative (ISR) shall serve as the advisor and coordinator within the office under the direction of the ISR. The CoS supervises the Office of the International Student Representative (OISR). The role of the CoS is to organize the office, ensure that work is being produced efficiently and to quality. In addition, the CoS is in charge of representing the OISR, if need be, to attend UCSA (University of California Student Association) meetings if need be, and administrative tasks necessary to the office.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Work closely with the ISR to plan meeting agendas, set goals, hire, and supervise the OISR.
- Schedule and create agendas for weekly meetings.
- Manage personnel and interoffice conflicts.
- Attend UCSA meetings and other meetings if needed.
- Respond to general inquires and forward inquiries to the internal office committees as they see appropriate.
- Fulfill the duties of the ISR in their absence.
- Excellent written, analytical, and presentational skills and the ability to clearly and concisely present information to the members of the OISR, other entities of ASUCD, and the student body.
- Strong work ethic and leadership skills.
- Passion for international student advocacy and familiarity with the international student community at UC Davis.
- Actively engaging with the international student organizations at UC Davis.
- Strong understanding of International Students issues (experience working with international students is a plus)
- Strong organization and time management skills, attention to detail, ability to keep others on task as necessary.
- Experience using Google Workspace and other technologies (preferred)
- Previous experience with ASUCD, parliamentary procedure, law, policy, budget, finance, and/or public service are all helpful but not required; applicants of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
- Please list previous experience as it pertains to this position.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.