Pantry: Assistant Director (Winter/Spring)
Name: Jason Kwan
You can visit the Pantry website to learn more about them.
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: Approximatly 14 hours per week, depending on individual circumstances. Any hours beyond specified commitment will be considered additional volunteer experience.
Start Date: Jan. 2, 2022
End Date: June 11, 2022
Job Number: 0025-4591-2021
Last Date to Apply: Dec. 12, 2021
The ASUCD Pantry Assistant Director works closely with the ASUCD Pantry Unit Director to lead both internal volunteer and staff teams in running daily food pantry operations. This position provides administrative support for a management team of 12 student staff members and oversees program management and evaluation for major Pantry programs/projects: campus food pantry, outdoor distribution, mobile distribution, spice jars, campus dining partnership, and holiday grocery bags.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Co-lead the ASUCD Pantry Staff Team
- Lead a team of 12 student staff members
- Initiate and facilitate meetings with campus staff, faculty, and administration in conjunction with Unit Director
- Develop onsite food distribution programs and support data collection on food pantry needs and user preferences
- Draft messaging and outreach materials for Pantry operations to support the Pantry community
- In-person participation and engagement in Davis, both on-campus and off-campus
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills, particularly in regards to communication diverse communities
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team
- Ability to work independently and to foresee, identify, and recommend solutions
- Professionalism, courtesy, punctuality, and good humor
- Interest in food security, basic needs, addressing the stigma of hunger on college campuses
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.