Student Government: Committee Chairperson for SHAWC
Name: Sanjana Battula
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: Varies between approx. 4-5 hrs/wk depending on individual circumstances.
Start Date: Dec. 8, 2021
End Date: June 15, 2022
Job Number: 0008-4595-2021
Last Date to Apply: Nov. 28, 2021
The ASUCD Student Health Wellness Committee (SHAWC) aims to promote and address important health-related issues in the UC Davis community. SHAWC connects students to campus resources which can help promote positive mental, physical, and sexual health for the Aggie student body. Through educating, holding events, and interacting with students, SHAWC hopes to improve the health and wellness of the Aggie community. Committee members will participate and actively engage in developing a relationship between ASUCD and health-related organizations on campus.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Participate in, help publicize, and do outreach for SHAWC events
- Build and maintain organizational knowledge
- Develop and implement ASUCD programs that promote health and wellness
- Work with other student health and wellness groups on camputs to collaborate on events
- Attend weekly meetings
- Passionate about campus health
- Knowledgeable about health and wellness
- Please list previous experience as it pertains to the position.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.