Unitrans: Operations Administrative Assistant
Name: Jennifer Tucker
You can visit the Unitrans website to learn more about them.
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: Varies between approx. 8-10 hrs/wk depending on individual circumstances
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: Indefinite
Job Number: 0009-4609-2021
Last Date to Apply: Dec. 3, 2021
Provide support to the Unitrans Safety Manager and other Operations departments in data entry, record keeping and Unitrans procedures related to safety of Admin, Operations, and Maintenance staff. This role is supervised by the Unitrans Safety Manager. The successful candidate may hold this position through expected graduation date based on satisfactory performance in the position. Candidates preferably will be available Fall 2021 through Spring 2022. Unitrans is an equal opportunity employer.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Enter accident and incident reports into database.
- File paperwork into employee training files.
- Assist Safety Manager in creating and editing safety related presentations and trainings for all Unitrans departments.
- Assist Safety Manager with annual updates to procedures, policies, and manuals.
- Other duties as assigned and applicable to this position
- Ability to complete work assignments with limited supervision and to seek advice and direction when unclear
- Ability to collaborate well with others
- Must exercise tact in dealing with sensitive and confidential issues
- Ability to prepare clear, concise, and comprehensive correspondence and other written materials
- Ability to work with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Ability to collaborate in an active atmosphere with constant interruption
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Ability to pay close attention to detail, including the upkeep of record keeping systems dictated by University, State, and Federal policies
- Please list previous experience as it pertains to this position.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.