Executive Office: Executive Staffer-Community Outreach Task Force Graphic Designer
Name: Sasha Lyons
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: Approximately 1-3 hours per week, depending on individual circumstances.
Start Date: Dec. 6, 2021
End Date: June 11, 2022
Job Number: 0035-4617-2021
Last Date to Apply: Dec. 5, 2021
Graphic designers serve the vital role of creating appealing visual media projects for the ASUCD newsletter and blog. These graphics will serve as the visual frontline and aid in the ASUCD and Executive Office’s goal of developing stronger relations with student organizations on campus.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Creating visual media content for a potential ASUCD newsletter and/or blog working with Creative Media
- Collaborating with team members to meet deadlines
- Incorporate changes recommended by the clients into the final design, create revisions and design iterations
- Review designs for errors before printing or publishing them
- Complete design deliverables by specific deadlines
- Work creatively under the ASUCD branding guidelines and UC Davis Social Media Guidelines and Policies and client requests
- Comfortable with at least one design software (i.e. Canva, Adobe Design, etc.)
- Detail oriented and hard working
- Able to meet deadlines
- Flexible and creative
- Consistent with the quality of work
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and verbally
- No prior experience with ASUCD required
- Individuals of all majors, backgrounds, and interests are encouraged to apply
- Please list previous experience as it pertains to this position.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.