Pantry: Manager (Winter/Spring)
Name: Jason Kwan
You can visit the Pantry website to learn more about them.
Payrate: $15.00/hr pending budget approval - refer to budget for weeks paid)
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: Approximately 8 hours per week, depending on individual circumstances. Any hours beyond specified commitment will be considered additional volunteer experience.
Start Date: Jan. 2, 2022
End Date: June 11, 2022
Job Number: 0025-4619-2021
Last Date to Apply: Dec. 12, 2021
To oversee daily operations at the Pantry, an ASUCD unit responsible for providing food and basic necessities to students in need. Managers will work on specific aspects in collaboration with other managers to run all internal and external operations with guidance from the Director and Assistant Director.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
Technical Projects: (x1) Design and oversee the Pantry’s technical projects. Manage team of developers.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills, particularly in regards to communication across diverse communities
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team
- Ability to work independently and to foresee, identify, and recommend solutions
- Professionalism, courtesy, punctuality, and good humor
- Interest in food security, basic needs, addressing the stigma of hunger on college campuses
- Please list previous experience as it pertains to the position.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.