Housing Advising for Undergraduate Students: Peer Advisor
Name: Eustacio Alamilla
You can visit the Housing Advising for Undergraduate Students website to learn more about them.
Payrate: $15.00/hr (Winter & Spring Quarter) (pending budget approval - refer to budget for weeks paid)
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 5 hours per week, depending on individual circumstances. Any hours beyond specified commitment will be considered additional volunteer experience.
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: June 4, 2022
Job Number: 0032-4640-2021
Last Date to Apply: Jan. 16, 2022
To assist the HAUS team in accomplishing their goals, mainly aiding students in the selection of their living space. The Peer Advisor will be trained in the knowledge of Davis housing market including renter's rights, affordable housing options (co-ops), etc.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Collaborate with other communities on-campus to ensure inclusivity
- Hold meetings with students and other campus leaders
- Advise students regarding their housing options
- Hold weekly office hours
- Attend weekly HAUS meetings
- Team player
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Desire to help others
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please list previous experience as it pertains to the position.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.