Student Government: Student Sustainability Career Fair Committee Member
Name: Alana Webre
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 3-5 hours/week
Start Date: Jan. 31, 2022
End Date: June 2, 2022
Job Number: 0008-4652-2022
Last Date to Apply: Jan. 17, 2022
SSCF is responsible for organizing and running an annual career fair that introduces more sustainability-based organizations to students. Our committee strives to address the current lack of information regarding opportunities for students who wish to work towards a sustainable future. We are committed to providing equitable access to environmentally-focused firms, nonprofits, and governmental organizations for students interested in environmental science, policy, and justice.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
• Must attend and actively participate in committee meetings
• Organize and run annual Student Sustainability Career Fair in spring quarter
• Create quarterly and/or yearly social media projects centered around professional and/or academic developments in the environmental field
• Organize quarterly professional development in-person events, circumstances providing
• Publicize events through social media and posters/fliers working with Creative Media, ASUCD Branding Guidelines, and UC Davis Social Media Policies & Guidelines.
• Interest in promoting equitable access to professional development in the environmental field
• Event planning and organizational skills preferred, but not required
• Social media experience preferred, but not required
• Ability to work well with others and excellent time management skills
• Previous and/or present connection to various environmental or sustainability organizations preferred, but not required
- Please list previous experience as it pertains to this position.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.