Student Government: STEM Committee Chairperson
Name: Aaron Wright
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: Approximately 3-5 hours per week
Start Date: Feb. 7, 2022
End Date: June 30, 2022
Job Number: 0008-4653-2022
Last Date to Apply: Jan. 30, 2022
The STEM Committee Chairperson shall facilitate regularly scheduled meetings, while providing public meeting minutes. Within the committee, the chairperson is responsible for overseeing all projects by the committee, and ensuring projects uphold the Bylaws/mission statements for ASUCD and the UC Davis community. The chairperson should be able to effectively communicate with other organizations on campus, such as those with a focus in STEM related activities, and the UC Davis Administration.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Organizing weekly meetings
- Creating and following an agenda and plan for the quarter
- Assigning projects to members and checking in with project leads to monitor progress.
- Checking in with ASUCD representatives, such as commission chairs and adopted Senators.
- Maintaining the presence of STEM Committee on social media
- Providing outreach to students through hosting events, workshops, and more, to encourage student participation and networking within STEM.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Demonstrates ambition and self-motivation to serve beyond necessary capacity.
- Please list previous experience as it pertains to this position.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.