Unitrans: Customer Outreach Representative
Name: Glorie Mahoro
You can visit the Unitrans website to learn more about them.
Payrate: $16.00/ hour
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: Varies between approx. 5-10 hrs/wk depending on individual circumstances.
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: Indefinite
Job Number: 0009-4697-2022
Last Date to Apply: Feb. 8, 2022
Provide customer support, handle customer queries, and coordinate campus and community outreach efforts.
The successful candidate may hold this position through expected graduation date based on satisfactory performance in the position.
Unitrans is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
A. Customer Service
1. Respond to inquiries on specific information regarding Unitrans service.
2. Give out accurate route and schedule information regarding Unitrans.
3. Update and maintain customer FAQ.
B. Travel Training Outreach
1. Manage Unitrans’ travel training program on how to use Unitrans as a form of transportation.
2. Conduct group and individual travel training activities, and recruit and train existing Unitrans staff to assist with these activities.
3. Identify demographics/areas in the community that could benefit from travel training.
4. Reach out to various groups on campus and in the community to coordinate presentations as needed.
5. Respond to requests from individuals to accompany them on bus trips to provide guidance on how to complete a transit trip, including transfers.
6. Maintain a program evaluation process to identify areas needing improvement and/or additional resources for proper implementation of outreach events.
C. Community Outreach
1. Assist the Business Office Manager in organizing Unitrans’ presence at various outreach events throughout the year.
2. Coordinate the set-up and take-down of supplies at outreach events, including recruitment of existing Unitrans staff to assist with these activities.
3. Maintain relationships and contact information with external event coordinators.
4. Collaborate with Unitrans Marketing staff to develop and edit content (flyers, booklets) appropriate for distributing at each venue.
5. Assist with delivery of Unitrans’ schedules to schools, and businesses within Davis.
6. Collaborate with Operations staff to disseminate information on planned and unplanned service disruptions using all available means, including print, electronic, and social media.
D. Data Collection
1. Assist the Planning Manager with conducting customer surveys
1. Ability to exercise a high degree of independent responsibility and problem-solving skill.
2. Must be highly motivated and able to accomplish tasks with minimal supervision.
3. Ability to work and remain focused in a sometimes hectic atmosphere.
4. Ability to work with customers in a friendly, professional manner.
5. Ability to navigate a GPS-based website system and operate Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
6. Good communication skills both on the phone and in person.
7. Ability to assess customers’ need to develop effective personal transit trip plans.
8. Ability to effectively interact with individuals with diverse backgrounds, skills, and abilities.
9. Must be able to quickly learn Unitrans policy, procedures, and routes. Knowledge of the campus and city of Davis is preferred.
10. Must have a valid driver’s license.
11. Must be available to attend Office Clerk meetings and weekly scheduled meetings with the Business Office Manager.
12. MUST be able to work summers and breaks.
13. Must be available to start training immediately.
- Please list previous experience as it pertains to the position.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.