Coffee House: CoHo South Café/Bio Brew Student Supervisor
Name: Mariah Freitas
You can visit the Coffee House website to learn more about them.
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: Varies between approx. 12-15 hrs/wk depending on individual circumstances.
Start Date: Feb. 2, 2022
End Date: Indefinite
Job Number: 0014-4698-2022
Last Date to Apply: Feb. 1, 2022
ASDS is looking for a motivated, qualified student to take on the role of Satellite Operation Student Supervisor. The CoHo South Café and Bio Brew are unique, primarily student-staffed food service operation focused on offering sustainable, made-from-scratch menu items to the UC Davis community.
The student selected for the role of Student Supervisor should be well versed in the operation of the CoHo South Café and Bio Brew by CoHo procedures, preferably spending at least a quarter as an entry-level employee. The Student Supervisor should have a good grasp of production levels, food quality and portion control standards, safety & sanitation protocol, customer service techniques and everything else that goes into the success of the satellite operations; and by extension, AS Dining Services as a whole.
The student in the role of Satellite Operation Student Supervisor will be expected to set a strong moral and ethical example for their peers, lead groups effectively to achieve goals and to communicate with the AS Dining Services Career Managers and Student Managers on a regular basis, acting as a liaison between the student employee staff and the management staff.
The student selected will finish their time as Student Supervisor having gained broad experience in various aspects of food service management, including quality and portion control, employee training, customer service and marketing.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Act as a liaison between the Career Managers and all satellite operation’s student employees; monitor morale, work performance and adherence to the satellite operation’s policies and procedures
- Oversee day-to-day operations of the satellite operations, focusing on customer service, portion control & sanitation policy adherence and workplace safety and opening/closing Bio Brew
- Perform daily duties focusing on: Drawer counts, temperature checks, range-top duties, sanitation buckets, stocking the bakery case, and monitoring water levels.
- Assist in training new employees and re-training existing employees
- Assess and recommend approaches to improving overall efficiency and quality of service to customers
- Assist Career Managers with facility upkeep
- Communicate any equipment-related issues or operational problems to Career Managers to ensure solutions are reached in a timely manner.
- Must be a UC Davis Student
- Must be a current ASDS Satellite Operation employee
- Able to work at least 12 hours per week, perferrably 15 hours per week with additional hours during special events (i.e. Picnic Day)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent leadership skills
- Excellent organization and multi-tasking skills
- Must have displayed an excellent work ethic and a high moral standard
- Please list previous experience as it pertains to the position.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.