Student Government: Elections Committee - Media Coordinator
Name: Don Gilbert
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: No
Hours per Week: 5-10 hrs/week
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: Feb. 23, 2013
Job Number: 0008-0470-2013
Last Date to Apply: Jan. 24, 2013
The Media Coordinator is responsible for coordinating all
media publicity for ASUCD elections, including implementing student outreach
and organizing hiring of volunteers. In addition, the Media Coordinator will
take part in organizing and implementing successful elections under the
direction of the Elections Chair and will help ensure a fair, efficient, and
non-partisan election process. (ASUCD General Elections are scheduled for the 7th
week of fall and winter quarters, and additional Special Elections may occur as
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Design and coordinate all publicity including (but not limited to) hiring notices, petitions available notices, and elections for Election Day and forums/events.
- Coordinate the Aggie
publicity inserts and the sample ballot.
- Work with the Elections Committee Chair and
other Committee Members to organize and execute successful ASUCD elections.
- Work with other committee members to ensure election publicity and outreach.
- Meet weekly with the five-member committee and assist the Elections Committee Chair in administrative duties.
- Dependable, detail-oriented
- Organizational skills
- Communication skills ·
- Leadership skills ·
- Quick learner ·
- Must be impartial ·
- Experience with social and/or traditional media a plus ·
- Knowledge of campus media resources a plus ·
- Experience managing events a plus ·
- Public speaking skills a plus ·
- Prior ASUCD experience and/or knowledge of the ASUCD Election Codes a plus
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.