Student Government: Staff for the Office of the International Student Representative
Name: Keven Zhou
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 4-6 hours/week
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: June 28, 2022
Job Number: 0008-4720-2022
Last Date to Apply: Feb. 27, 2022
The staff member for the Office of the International Student Representative (OISR) shall serve as the advisor, facilitator, coordinator within the office under the discretion of the International Student Representative (ISR). The role of staff member consists of attending weekly meetings, attending commission meetings, drafting legislation, and other works under the discretion of the ISR. In addition, the staff member could be responsible for creating social media posts and maintaining contact with the ASUCD commissions, international student clubs/organization, and others.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Maintaining the daily operations of the OISR
- Actively monitoring information relating to international students on campus
- Passionate about international student advocacy
- Respond to general inquiries and forward inquiries to internal office committees as they see appropriate
- Excellent written, analytical, and presentational skills and the ability to clearly and concisely present information to the members of the OISR, other entities of ASUCD, and the student body.
- Strong work ethic and leadership skills.
- Passion for international student advocacy and familiarity with the international student community at UC Davis.
-Actively engaging with the international student organizations at UC Davis
- Strong understanding of International Students issues (experience working with international students is a plus)
- Strong organization and time management skills, attention to detail, ability to keep others on task as necessary.
- Experience using Google Workspace and other technologies (Preferred)
- No previous experience with ASUCD required
- Please list previous experience as it pertains to this position.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please UC Davis Principles of Community
- What do you perceive as an issue that international students face at UC Davis?
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.