Mental Health Initiative: Team Member
Name: Aparna Manoj
You can visit the Mental Health Initiative website to learn more about them.
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: Varies between approx. 3-5 hrs/wk depending on individual circumstances
Start Date: Feb. 28, 2022
End Date: June 4, 2022
Job Number: 0037-4721-2022
Last Date to Apply: Feb. 28, 2022
MHI houses both the UC Davis Mental Health Conference and UC Davis Mental Health Awareness Month, two major events which aim to engage students in destigmatization and education efforts, prompt attendees to organize around mental health issues, and offer them the opportunity for self-reflection and healing through mental health discourse. Our team members assist in the planning and implementation of these events as well as address campus concerns regarding mental health support. Team member also have the opportunity to assist with one of six committees.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Attend weekly team and committee meetings
- Agree to volunteer a minimum of 3-5 hours/ weekly
- Assist with publicity efforts (including tabling, outreach, etc), and programmatic events, policy advocacy, coalition building and attending/supporting MHI events
- Team members may further apply to be board members for increased involvement later on
Please attach a document along with your application answering the following questions:
1. Why are you interested in
2. What new ideas do you have
3. Please rank your interest
Resource + Research Committee:
Advocacy + Policy Committee:
Social Committee : Members
Publicity Committee: Members
Graphic Design Team: Members
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Ability to commit to team and committee meetings and complete assigned tasks
- Meet weekly requirements and communicate with our team coordinator about any special circumstances in a timely manner
- Willingness to engage and learn topics in mental health
- Please list previous experience as it pertains to this position.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.