Student Government: Gender and Sexuality Commission (GASC) Alternate
Name: Ashley Chan
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: Varies between approx. 2-4 hrs/wk depending on individual circumstances
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: June 9, 2022
Job Number: 0008-4751-2022
Last Date to Apply: March 28, 2022
Participate in fulfilling the Gender and Sexuality Commission's (GASC) purpose and help actively promote awareness and advocacy on issues pertaining to gender and sexuality-- which includes, but is not limited to sexual assault, reproductive issues, queer, and trans rights.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Attend and participate in weekly meetings.
- Take initiative to improve gender equity on campus by researching issues impacting the student body, and starting/serving on committees dedicated to solving gender/sexual injustice AND/OR representing such needs and issues off campus.
- Participate in the planning and delivery of events that are related to the commission's mission.
- Help create competency training, workshops, and other events regarding issues relating to gender and sexuality.
- Commitment to UC Davis Principled of Community
- Strong organizational, communication, and time management skills
- Previous experience in ASUCD is not required; applicants of a variety of backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
- Please list previous experience as it pertains to the position.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.