Unitrans: Route Trainer
Name: Alex Abdallah
You can visit the Unitrans website to learn more about them.
Payrate: $18.00/hour pending budget approval - refer to budget for weeks paid)
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 11-13 Trainable Hours
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: Indefinite
Job Number: 0009-4752-2022
Last Date to Apply: March 27, 2022
To provide bus and route guidance to drivers currently in the Route Training Program.
The successful candidate may hold this position through their expected graduationdate based on satisfactory performance in the position.
Unitrans is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Evaluate and provide feedback to drivers currently in the Route Training Program
- Submit trainee evaluations and communicate shift changes in a timely manner
- Must attend weekly Route Trainer meetings run by the Route Training Manager
- Ensure trainable shift coverage at all time
- Must be responsible for upholding Unitrans policy and being up to date with the Route Training Manual
- May have to do Summer Refreshers and Mock Service for drivers in the Route Training Program.
As part of your employment, you are required to subscribe to the ASUCD newsletter.
- Must currently be a Transit Driver for Unitrans.
- Must have at least 500 cumulative driving hours.
- Must have a good driving record.
- Must not be on any form of probation.
- If working during the summer, must help with summer refreshers made by the Route Training Manager
- A strong knowledge of all Unitrans buses, routes, and policies.
- Teaching skills necessary to train new drivers on proper operation of transit vehicles.
- Must have clear and concise communication skills
- Must be able to work at least 3 full academic quarters after hiring. (Must have a graduation date of Winter 2023 and onward)
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
- Please list previous experience as it pertains to the position.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.