Student Government: Aggie Public Arts Committee Member
Name: Maahum Shahab
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: No
Hours per Week: 4-6 hours/week
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: June 2, 2022
Job Number: 0008-4756-2022
Last Date to Apply: April 10, 2022
APAC’s goal is to contribute to the cultural enrichment of the UCD student body by adding art to public spaces. APAC provides an outlet for students of all skill levels, interests, and backgrounds to be involved with the creation and installation of artwork on campus and in the Davis community, which includes painting, digital art, film, music, etc. The committee also ensures that public art is incorporated into UCD long-term plans for future campus projects, expansion, and development.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Attend weekly APAC meetings
- Plan various art projects
- Work with a team of artists to plan, design, and create new public art
- Develop interpersonal skills by working with school and local authorities
- Work with other APAC members as a team
- Has a hard working and dedicated work ethic
- Has a major interest in learning about student government, ASUCD, and the welfare of student body
- Has commitment to meeting attendance and punctuality
- Is a quick learner and can thrive in fast-paced, collaborative environments
- No prior ASUCD experience necessary, just willingness to learn and passion for the position.
- Please list previous experience as it pertains to this position.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.