Student Government: Donation Drive Marketing and Publicity Director (Committee Member)
Name: Juliana Martinez Hernandez
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: No
Hours per Week: Approximately 3-5 hours per week, depending on individual circumstances.
Start Date: April 4, 2022
End Date: June 10, 2022
Job Number: 0008-4758-2022
Last Date to Apply: March 28, 2022
The purpose of the ASUCD Donation Drive Committee shall be to organize and plan an annual donation drive and distribution event that aims to support students’ basic needs and create a sustainable method for disposing of unwanted furniture, home appliances, and other miscellaneous items at the end of each academic year.
The Marketing and Publicity Director is responsible for promoting the Donation Drive Committee and its services to the UC Davis community through social media marketing, outreach efforts, blog posts, etc.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Create graphics, posters, flyers and social media content per ASUCD Branding Guidelines & UCD Social Media Policies & Guidelines in collaboration with ASUCD Creative Media Graphics & Marketing teams.
- Manage Donation Drive Committee social media accounts and platforms per ASUCD Branding Guidelines & UCD Social Media Policies & Guidelines
- Develop sustainable strategies and project plans
- Work to understand the structure/framework of ASUCD and local policy
- Engage in outreach and publicity
- Work with Donation Drive Committee External Communications Director to explore sponsorship opportunities
- Attend weekly committee meetings
- Strong work ethic and a passion for supporting students’ basic needs by creating a space for individuals to donate new, unused or used items to those in need.
- Strong time management skills.
- An ability to communicate efficiently.
- Experience with social media, online marketing, and internet culture.
- Previous experience in ASUCD is not required; applicants of a variety of backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
- Please list previous experience as it pertains to the position.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.