Student Government: Donation Drive External Communications Director (Committee Member)
Name: Juliana Martinez Hernandez
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: No
Hours per Week: Approximately 3-5 hours per week, depending on individual circumstances
Start Date: April 4, 2022
End Date: June 10, 2022
Job Number: 0008-4759-2022
Last Date to Apply: March 28, 2022
The purpose of the ASUCD Donation Drive Committee shall be to organize and plan an annual donation drive and distribution event that aims to support students’ basic needs and create a sustainable method for disposing of unwanted furniture, home appliances, and other miscellaneous items at the end of each academic year.
The External Communications Director is responsible for managing business operations with external companies for the purpose of purchasing storage units, moving trucks, and other services that are pertinent to the functioning of all Donation Drive events/activities.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Establish rapport with off-campus housing entities
- Develop sustainable strategies and project plans
- Schedule meetings with stakeholders
- Work with Donation Drive Committee Treasurer to explore sponsorship opportunities
- Work to understand the structure/framework of ASUCD and local policy
- Attend weekly committee meetings
- Strong work ethic and a passion for supporting students’ basic needs by creating a space for individuals to donate new, unused or used items to those in need.
- Strong time management skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Previous experience in ASUCD is not required; applicants of a variety of backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please list previous experience as it pertains to the position.
- Please UC Davis Principles of Community
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.