Executive Office: Controller
Name: Ryan Manriquez
Payrate: $15.50/hour (pending budget approval - refer to budget for weeks paid)
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: Up to 19 hours/week
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: June 11, 2022
Job Number: 0035-4763-2022
Last Date to Apply: April 5, 2022
Serve as the chief advisor to the ASUCD President and student government on matters relating to budget, finances, revenue generation, and other fiscal and administrative issues.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Serve as the chief advisor to the President as a member of the cabinet.
- Responsible for drafting and overseeing the ASUCD budget in the spring (about $15 million).
- Work closely with ASUCD units, commissions, and committees, as well as the ASUCD Business Manager, to help improve business practices.
- Advance responsible financial policy.
- Supervise the Office of the Controller’s staff to assist in this role’s duties.
- Chair important internal committees related to business and finance such as URSAC and Executive Advisory Council.
- Provide student insight on important external committees related to financial matters/business practices.
- Attend weekly executive office meetings.
- Meet frequently with units to assist with business practices.
- Serve as an ex-officio member of the ASUCD Senate, which meets Thursdays at 6pm.
- Exceptional experience, qualifications, and expertise in business, economics, and finance.
- Ability to advise, inform, and assist elected and appointed officials impartially.
- Strong leadership and team-work skills.
- Willingness to learn quickly.
- Pragmatic problem-solving skills and impartiality.
- Ability to explain difficult topics in an accessible, clear, and concise manner.
- Ability to accurately weigh short and long term costs and benefits of high-level decisions.
- Ability to be accessible to elected officials, units, and other groups within ASUCD on all financial matters.
- Strong understanding of any and all connections between financial/business stability and student needs.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please UC Davis Principles of Community
- Please list previous experience as it pertains to the position.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.