Student Government: External Affairs Commission Member
Name: Maahum Shahab
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 3-5 Hours/Week
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: June 9, 2022
Job Number: 0008-4764-2022
Last Date to Apply: May 1, 2022
Serve as a commissioner on the EAC Commission. EAC Commission reviews & approves legislation prior to final approval, works on projects in regards to the welfare of the student body & bridge the gap between the student body and student government.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
Attend weekly meeting, assist in creating/working on projects, work w/commission members to communicate with off-campus bodies that affect the welfare of students in the University, work w/ASUCD to recommend/develop policies for externally focused action, bridge the gap between student body and ASUCD
- Willingness to learn
- Communication, leadership, & time-management skills
- Willingness to learn about the general student body and its welfare
- Commitment to meeting attendance and punctuality
- Ability to work well in fast paced and collaborative environments
- Please list previous experience as it pertains to this position.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.