Student Government: Elections Committee Members (2)
Name: Kabir Sahni/Ethan Wallerstein
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: Varies between approximately 5-7 hrs/wk depending on individual circumstances.
Start Date: April 14, 2022
End Date: June 3, 2022
Job Number: 0008-4775-2022
Last Date to Apply: April 10, 2022
The members of the ASUCD Elections Committee shall assist in facilitating ASUCD Elections in a fair and impartial manner as outlined in the chapter on Elections Code. Members shall hold voting power in the internal decision-making process of the committee.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Attend weekly Elections Committee meetings during quarters with active election cycles (Spring & Fall).
- Carry and organize out elections process as outlined in the ASUCD Bylaws.
- Conduct outreach and spread awareness to students to regarding elections the election process.
- Plan and coordinate candidate forums, events, and ceremonies.
- Develop, curate, and create content to run official social media accounts for ASUCD Elections in accordance with the ASUCD Branding Guidelines & UC Davis Social Media Guidelines & Policies.
- Assist the Elections Committee Chair and Vice Chair as needed.
- Demonstrates a general willingness to serve one’s community and an excitement for collaboration with others.
- Demonstrates a clear ability to be impartial and unbiased in decision making.
- Demonstrates strong communication, organization, planning, and time management skills.
- Demonstrates a familiarity with ASUCD student government and the ability to stay motivated.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
- Please list previous experience as it perstains to the position.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.