Student Government: Donation Drive Committee Chairperson
Name: Juliana Martinez Hernandez
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: No
Hours per Week: 3-5 hrs/week depending on individual circumstances
Start Date: April 13, 2022
End Date: June 10, 2022
Job Number: 0008-4779-2022
Last Date to Apply: April 10, 2022
The purpose of the Donation Drive Committee shall be to organize and plan an annual donation drive and distribution event that aims to support students’ basic needs and create a sustainable method for disposing of unwanted furniture, home appliances, and other miscellaneous items at the end of each academic year.
The Donation Drive Committee Chairperson serves as the primary leader of all operations and the facilitator of all committee meetings, events, and activities.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Oversee and manage all donation drive events and shall maintain detailed inventories and records regarding the committee’s operations for each fiscal year.
- Develop sustainable strategies and project plans.
- Coordinate events and supervise volunteers.
- Work to understand the structure/framework of ASUCD and local policy.
- Schedule and conduct weekly committee meetings and additional meetings as needed.
- Strong work ethic and a passion for supporting students’ basic needs by creating a space for individuals to donate new, unused or used items to those in need.
- Strong leadership abilities
- Strong time management skills.
- An ability to communicate efficiently.
- Creative thinking with an affinity for innovation and problem solving.
- Previous experience in ASUCD is not required; applicants of a variety of backgrounds are encouraged to apply
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please UC Davis Principles of Community
- Please list previous experienceas it pertains to the position.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.